Do you have ideas that you’ve been thinking about but never got around to making it happen? Some time later, you realize that someone else had the same idea, but made it happen and made it into a real product or service? Now is the time to make your ideas happen.
Reasons to make your ideas happen now:
- You will regret it if you have some good ideas but either it never becomes reality, or someone else has the same idea and makes it a reality.
- If you succeed, you will gain fulfillment. You would be very proud of what you accomplished.
- Even if you don’t succeed, you would have learned a lot, and maybe gained new skills and new friends and contacts that you can apply to future projects.
- Your venture may be profitable.
- Your project may enrich you in other ways. For example, you have an idea to help the poor in another country. Even if your project just breaks even, you gain a lot more because you have a passion in helping out the poor in another country and you made it happen.
- Your idea could be making the world a better place.
- Many people would appreciate what you have done.
- We only have a limited amount of time on this earth. Don’t we want to minimize regret at the end of our lives?
In 2002, Blake Mycoskie was a competitor on the reality show the “Amazing Race.” In that competition, Blake and his sister visited Argentina where they saw local polo players wear a form of shoes called alpargatas. He would also later discover that there would be many children in Argentina who were walking and running around barefoot.
Seeing this, Blake Mycoskie decided to manufacture at first 250 shoes, and the shoes started to sell.
Blake also had a special plan where for every retail shoe his company sells, the company would donate a shoe to a child in need (in another country).
Blake Mycoskie ended up creating a business that earned money, but also provided shoes for those children in need. He not only had a passion and an idea, he also was able to make it happen.